Welcome to the new INSRA website, our state forum to promote this great sport, and provide information about racquetball in Indiana and nationally. We hope to provide more tournament opportunities and special events, and to promote roles for players as certified instructors, referees or racquetball ambassadors. All of these efforts can help recruit new players, and can lead to a lifetime of racquetball play, fitness, and fun.
- The last part of the Indiana Tournament Season just ended in November, with a flurry of activity. Several players went to the US Open in Minneapolis this year (see Recent Results). Kudos to all for their competitive spirit, effort and preparation to to get to Minneapolis. For those of us who just couldn’t make it happen this year, how about 2020?! As well, the Great Pumpkin Shootout was really competitive, and the Players Cup up in Schererville (Nov. 9) ended our tourney calendar for 2019.
- Welcome new board member, Tom Morgan. See About Us.
- In Events/Recent Results: See Recap of US Open, Great Pumpkin Shootout, and Players Cup.
- In Upcoming Events: Gearing up for 2020! See remarks. In the meantime, see USA Racquetball tournament website for more December and early 2020 tournaments to tickle your travel and competitive spirits!
- See new message below from INSRA President, Laura Pesek!
- 2019 INSRA Award Nominations/Ballots in Splat News!
Strengthens Body and Mind!
Racquetball fitness helps you move better, feel better, think better! Works all muscle groups. Improves focus, quick decision making, reaction times, and provides down time from all those day-to-day stresses.
Burns Fat and Calories
In one hour of racquetball, a player burns up to 600-800 calories and runs up to 2 miles!
Improves Balance and Coordination
It takes anticipation, strategic thinking, quickness, nimble footwork AND PRACTICE to be ready where the ball is going to be!
Improves Your Social Life!
You’re only one game away from a good mood and new friends!
Racquetball, like other sports: teaches you character, it teaches you to play by the rules, it teaches you to know what it feels like to win and lose, it teaches you about life. JUST PLAY AND HAVE FUN!
Racquetball works the core, the lower body (running and footwork), upper body (racquet control and hitting). Improves strategic thinking, power, endurance.
Strengthens bone and muscle, slows bone loss. Aerobic and anaerobic benefits. Improves reaction times and strategy, flexibility, coordination, stamina.
Never underestimate older people who play racquetball! It promotes heart health, clarity of thinking, better hand-eye coordination and reflexes, and fewer falls with age.